Vortex problem

Does anyone have this happen to them? You buy a new piece of kit off the internet (in my case the roland ef303 on ebay) ... and eagerly await its arrival.. meanwhile, a long standing and trusted piece of kit, stops working. It always happens to me... its like it KNOWS that its time has come... like YOU NOT SELLING ME YOU BASTARD... ID RATHER DIE!!!

Anyway:

The vortex: Suddenly all the echo parts of the patches disappear... all modulation or panning of filter parts of the patches, are ok!!! I restart the box (not easy with the vortex, why cant all things have an on/off switch on the front) unplug the power and plug back in... And lo and behold the echos are back... a little later they dissappear again, cant quite figure out what Im doing when they go, but I DONT think they just dissappear on their own acord, I think its wwhen I alter something - which is of course ALL THE TIME...

Its annoying - I was beginning to lose interest in the Vortex, but its always been there, (unsellable anyway cos its a littlebit circuit bent - NO that not the prob.. its been like that for ages!!! - besides I know what Im doing....) Any ideas???

Specifically Andy, or Ted???

www.markfrancombe.com
http://vimeo.com/user825094
http://uk.youtube.com/user/markfrancombe