delays, mods, boss, fx loops, moog...

Hi Andrew, if you want to do multiple delays with defined beat divisions, like for example,  a ¼ note delay combined with a dotted 1/8th  note delay, you either need two delays that will do this, (like your DD-6, or a DL-4 in rhythmic delay mode), or get a more sophisticated delay that can do two independent delays.  about the other delays you mentioned, the DL-20 and the Eventide may allow you to set two delays with separately specified beat divisions, I’m not sure, I don’t own either one. The new M-13 from Line 6 will allow you to run up to 4 effects at one time, which means if you love delay, you can run the M13 as 4 separate delay lines, all capable of having their delay times controlled by tap tempo simultaneously. Which means you can specify a different beat division for each delay but slave them all to a master tap tempo. Usually, dual delays creating syncopation are plenty for me, but I have been experimenting with as many as 4 delays all set to different beat divisions. And

Example;  1/4 note, dotted 1/8th, triplet 16th,whole note,  all creating a cool syncopation, but the possibilities are pretty limitless. The M-13 has two assignable expression pedal ports (exp pedals are action figures sold separately) so you can go to town controlling feedback or delay speed or delay volume, or any parameter for that matter. The stereo effects loop is assignable anywhere in the chain. And did I mention the built in looper.  Though it may not be of the audiophile quality of the Eventide, it sounds very good to my ears and seems more versatile as far as features go. Its also got every other modeled effect Line 6 has ever done, including a very good sim of a rack mount chorus Roland made years ago that I once owned, the Dimension D.,. its downsides are its big, but it could take the place of several other pieces of gear. Also the looper has shown a tendency to display a static clip at loop point. The loop volume is slightly louder than it needs to be, so I found trimming back the loop play back volume will fix this problem for the most part. Apparantly a software fix for this will be available in late December early January.

 Bill