Re: One Guitarist, One Drummer was: Altered Tunings

It is very good, but doesn't do what Interstellar Space does for me.  And
clearly (with no disrespect to Nels, but more of a comment about the sheer
genius of Coltane), Nels' articulation on the guitar does not match
Coltrane's articulation and mastery of the sax.  Again, I don't think
anyone
would deny that without underestimating Coltrane.

I don't know much about Nels Cline, and have not listened to all of his
material. All of it is very good from what I have heard. I like the tracks
on the CD where he is playing clean, more than those where he has the
shreader guitar tone.  The massive distortion gets on my nerves after a
while.

I would like to hear John Morris (guitar) and Billy Kilson (drum) doing
their take of Interstellar Space.  I saw Billy Kilson with Dave Holland a
few years ago, and was blown away. I have never seen a jazz drummer play
with such energy and speed.  And of course, Morris that raw jazz tone that
do well with a homage to Interstellar Space.

Kris