Re: distortion, overdrive,fuzz,crunch,special sauce, secret goo

I thought you would have got it, Mark, rather than making a false association from my original post. Read my last post.  What I am saying and what you say below are entirely different discussions. Don't jump to an artistic related conclusion simply because I want to have a focused discussion on mechanics. My orginal point stands and has nothing to do with taste or artisitic merit.  One does not necessarily follow to the other.  This was not a point about tone, artistic merit, etc.

Kris