Re: Another EDP question

Stephen Scott wrote:
> I don't know whether I'm doing something wrong, or whether I have a
>slight fault with my EDP (running loop4), (or even if I've found a bug),
>but I've come across something unexpected...
>
> At times, when I have quantize=8th, and I press either multiply or
>insert (rpl or sub), the EDP 'hangs' (display shows three waiting boxes
>indefinitely).  If I change quantize to off or cycle or loop, everything
>behaves as expected. Changing quantize back to 8th brings the problem
>back. (btw, I have 8ths/cycle set to 8, but I've tried other values, no
>difference.  Also, when in the hanging state, another press of the same
>button does resolve things of course).
>
> This seems to be happening during and following use of a preset where I
>have 'tempo select' turned on.  However, if I then go to another preset
>(ie, one that doesn't use tempo select, the problem persists.  What's
>really weird is that if I then power down the EDP and then turn it back
>on again, the problem is sorted (until I next go to my 'tempo select'
>preset).  This seems kind of odd, because, I think, all current settings
>are retained in memory (? in preset 0), and recalled after powering off
>and on,

yep, that's right.
However, it seems that tempo select isn't saved to preset 0

hmm,
just wait while I look up how to save a preset ;-)

> but in my case it seems that a rogue issue is being rectified
>(thankfully).
>
> Any ideas why this is happening?

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a bug.
That behaviour is what happens if you use quantize and
use Subst of Replace by direct Midi. ( if you release the
press while the ooo shows ).
...but you're using the Insert to do replace.

However, following what you say here I didn't reproduce the behaviour.

Possibly having Sync=In would have something to do with this,
but I'm only guessing here. If you were sending midi-clock to the edp
it would mess with the 8th Quant behaviour.

> I don't know if any of my other settings are causing this.

If you're keen to get to the bottom of this then
a list of any non-default settings would help me to exactly duplicate
what you did to get the result.
...and also an exact list of all actions after boot-up

....Because I'm clueless about this so far

andy

> Stephen Scott

note to Matt....told you Stephen was a good tester :-)