Re: Special Sauce Secret Goo

--
Ted Killian wrote:
"That's been my main weakness at the Y2K events all along - I bring too
much (and sometimes equipment fails, or I'm simply exhausted from
schlepping it all)."

Dear Ted,

I adore your artistry.   from Lux Aeterna to your beautiful Y2k poster
work.

that said,   I'd like to challenge you to come to
Y2K9 next year with one line 6 DL-4,   one overdrive pedal and one reverb
pedal.

I think you'd play a fantastic set with only that stuff.

Don't get me wrong,   because I love all the things that your throw into
the mix,   but
I'd love to see you play a simple heartfelt set where you weren't so beat
up by your gear
mass.

Now, I think I'm unconciously talking to myself here, as well:

I played a show that meant a lot to me last night  (playing my dayglo
orange set for
my peers in the goth scene)   and I took a rack with an electrix repeater
(Bill's because mine
doesn't seem to work anymore),  an EDP , a DL-4 (with a boss
intellishifter and a cheesy
alesis nano verb) and my Looperlative.

I just had fucking fits with my gain structures and was completely unable
to use my Looperlative
because I just didn't have enough time at sound check (and I had an hour
and a half to get it
together).

It just totally fucked with my head not to use the Looperlative which was
the only sophisticated
looper I took on my europe/uk tour last summer.

Every time I do a show,  someone comments on how much stuff I bring.
I always ignore them.

Last night someone mentioned it again as I loaded out and, depressingly,
I thought,   "yeah,  no fucking kidding"

It's the first time I"ve ever been that demoralized.

Maybe less actually IS more, eh?

See you at Y2K9 whether your rig is big or small.  I look forward to it,
buddy!