Re: distortion, overdrive,fuzz,crunch,special sauce, secret goo

> I used to LOVE to put my Yamaha FB01 through the Twin Tube heavy metal
> style distortion.  Amazing Jan Hammer kind of sounds.  I used a
> modified bass patch I think it was.  I still keep the FB01 just
> because of that.  Don't use it all that much any more.  It was always
> for me a one trick pony, but GREAT at that one trick.

Hi Richard,
Yes, I know the FB01. I never liked the 4-operator FM sound but I remember
there was a bass patch in the DX-21 which sounded fantastic, might be that
same patch :) It's a pity the DX-series is so difficult to program. I
still use a DX-7 though, another classic.

> And I still have my Roland Jupiter 8.  I love that keyboard so much...
> AND... I still use it a fair bit.  Nothing can touch it's amazing
> LFO.  I think analogue rules for synth sounds.

Wow...now that's a piece of gear. Never used one myself but I love it's
sounds for strings and pads. But what is so special about the LFO? Btw: I
have been using virtual analogs for the last 10 years. But I've sold them
all and bought a new Prophet 08. And I don't regret my decision.

---
Sjaak
http://www.livelooping.be/
http://www.overgaauw.be/