Live Streaming New Years Eve 2009 electro-music.com event

On NYE, listen here: <http://electro-music.com/radio>

Announcement at <http://electro-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22830>
says:

We did it in 2006 and 2008 (I think we missed 2007) so why not do it
again? Lets have an online electro-music.com international New Year's
Eve party and electro-jam. Almost all cultures celebrate the January 1st
New Year so this is sure not to offend too many people.

A floating concert is like a floating crap game, it moves around from
location to location.

We will set up our shoutcast server to run all day Dec 31 through Jan 1.
We'd like people in their studios to set up live streaming of
performances, jam sessions, or any kind of musical expression for
streaming. The electro-music.com members and lurkers can tune in and
share the experience. Hopefully, we will get people volunteering from
all over the world to sign up for a time slot. Pick a time convenient
for you - it doesn't have to be Midnight in your time zone, but that
would be cool.

For those who haven't done live streaming, it is a lot easier than you
might imagine. To do the streaming, all you need is a PC with Oddcast
(now called Edcast), a free program. If you have a Mac, you can use the
Nicecast program.  The free demo works for a month the last time we
tried it.

If you are are interested in participating, we'll set up a test server
just for you to experiment on to make sure you can get it to work.

Once you get your own server assignment, you can test stream all you
want. When your time come up on New Years Eve, I will switch the
radio.electro-music.com server to reflect your server. You have nothing
to do.

If you are interested, please let us know sending me a PM (Private
Message) by clicking on the PM button at the bottom of this message.***
We'll pass out times on a first come basis. I'll stream from my house at
midnight Eastern US time. We'll have some electro-friends over to jam.
Why don't you do the same? Don't worry about being polished and super
professional, this is for fun. Hopefully, we can give some of our DIY
synth builders a chance to have their music heard direct from their
studios.

It's party time... party time!
All you need to know to start streaming is in the following links:

Edcast (Oddcast) instructions posted:
http://electro-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13780

Mac OSX users are encouraged to use NiceCast which we have tested.

In 2006 we were able to stream noodles when there was nobody streaming
live.
Hopefully we will be able to do this again,.

During the event the streaming will be hosted here:
http://radio.electro-music.com.

Howard Moscovitz
*** The PM link is on the electro-music page that announces this even.
You must be a member of electro-music in order to send a PM to Howard.
I'm sure that if you know is email address, he'll be happy to include
you.  Hurry up because the time slots are filling fast!

Cheers,

Bill