Re: here and now / evolving loops

I don't have anything neat worked out for A-section, B-section kind of stuff, but what I usually do to make a transition is this: I have a 16-channel sw looper where each overdub is a new track, so I end an Overdub with "Truncate" in my system, which terminates it immediately, making it's cycle time independent of the previous loops - and turning that into the time-basis for subsequent loops. I usually do this with a fairly short loop, maybe in a new key. Then, I have 2 options: I can hit overdub and rapidly lay down another 15 short layers in the new key, blotting out the old key layer by layer. Or I can hit the next footswitch on over (which has been automatically mapped by the fact that I hit Truncate) to activate the "Fade All But Top" function, which will fade out all the tracks except the last one recorded over a preset time period - and then I can proceed to build tracks in the new key.

Warren