Re: guitar drone music (Fahey)

I got to see John somewhere in the 90's at Kuumbwa!  I'm I'm surprised Bill or Rick didn't go to that one.  I was surprised and delighted to have the chance to finally see him and I encouraged several others to go.  So we're all sitting there and he's playing these beautiful sssllllloooooowwww pieces with huge pregnant pauses between the ringing notes, and I realized that my wife and several others were becoming uncomfortable with the pace of the show, and it became funnier and funnier to me, because it was so amazingly brilliant.  There was a song called Sweet Susan or something similar, and in a big hole in the sound, the telephone in the house rang quite loudly (old school ring), and John casually commented "Maybe that's HER . . . " without a hiccup, and I started busting up and people shushed me, my wife was poking me.  It was all so magical.  I long to play such languid, sweet, wise and strangely still music.

Miko Biffle
Biffoz@Gmail.com
MBiffle@FoxRacingShox.com
"Running scared from all the usual distractions!"