Re: gismonti

Sol do Meio Dia is the album I love the most out of all the Gismonti I've heard (and, btw, I seem to remember Gary Regina playing excerpted melodies from it at Y2K4 or 6) . I'll have to look up Loro.

I had the pleasure of spending a couple of hours hanging with him in his studio in Rio back in '87, introduced by a mutual friend. He hands me this 10-string guitar that Ralph Towner gave him in a tuning that's who knows what and says, "here, play it". I graciously found a way to not comply....

Really nice guy, brilliant, soulful musician, of course.  As I recall, a good deal of the conversation centered on the limitations of MOTU's Composer (remember that, "Fat Mac" users?) and the US's pushiness in Brazil.

Speaking of Gismonti, anyone here heard the Assad brothers rendition of some of his tunes on their first duo album? (I think it was called Brasiliera) Beautiful stuff.

Warren