Re: Vinyl

On Dec 31, 2008, at 6:04 PM, Travis Hartnett wrote:

The "resurgence of vinyl" is a really relative thing.  Vinyl is a tiny part of the music industry, so if it racks up a 30% increase in one year, the actual numbers are still tiny tiny.

Er...I wasn't trying to be so technical, specific, serious, etc about it. I was just casually tossing out a phrase, is all. :-)
But, I still dig that at least some of the kids seem to want vinyl now, more than CDs, etc.  Personally, that gave me a nice, warm ( analogue) feeling inside.

This article got a lot of coverage this year:

"With this report, the vinyl resurgence has been officially acknowledged by the RIAA."

Maybe eventually those "tiny tiny" numbers may became less "tiny tiny" as time goes on...?
Hope springs eternal, and that'd be kool... (at least in my Universe..)

TH