Re: Beer Budget CD Release Strategy as an Alternative to The Way It'sNormally Done

Rick Walker wrote:
> I am currently considering making a business card with all the
> information in the
> CD and links to websites and bonus tracks and then having it
> professionally
> drilled so after one takes out the CD (with attendant artwork)  there
> will be
> this CD underneath with all the goodies in it.
>
> In that way, I can use the tranparent nature of the CD case to show off
> artwork that is only on the CD itself (no booklet, in other words).
Just a word of warning that radio show hosts need printed information
that is accessible even when the CD is in the player.  A numbered track
listing with label (if applicable), track times, artist name, and album
title are bare minimum and must be part of the packaging.  It's hard to
know everything about ever track of every album of every band and
artist.  Different show hosts may have different needs but these are my
bare minimum.  The more information you provide and the less work and
memorization you make a DJ so, the more airplay you'll get, all other
things being equal, that is.  That book or single page insert may cost
you time and money, but don't underestimate it's promotional worth.

Cheers,

Bill