Re: feedback nylon tapping hedges

Classical guitar has a long tradition of using the "golpe" technique that Greg describes ... it really isn't a 20th century invention.

Dennis

On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 2:10 PM, greg williams <gregorwilliams@comcast.net> wrote:
I have some Baroque guitar tablature (Sanz, Murcia, etc.) which contains
specific symbols for 'golpe', making a percussive sound on the face or
bridge of the guitar. It's rare, but it is there, mid/late 1700s.

~Greg
www.myspace.com/gregwilliamsguitarist
http://www.magnatune.com/artists/greg_williams

-----Original Message-----
From: L.Angulo [mailto:labaloops@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, January 02, 2009 3:42 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: RE: feedback nylon tapping hedges

i really dont know how to describe that style,you guys know better than i do
about the true inventor,off course we could even go back to the blues and
there were guys tapping on the guitar but i mean that slap harmonics over a
harmonic node and the use of right hand hammer-ons with bass notes and the
left hand for hammer-ons and pull offs, percussive slapping on the guitar
body,unusual strummings tunings etc. if he didnt invent that then it was
Preston Reed or who you guys are mentioning,but i guess he was given credit
for that.In any case because of that style i believe there were few pickup
systems at that time like the FRAP(now trance audio),but i see a lot of of
cats now that do that sort of style having to get special custom made
systems for them,so the market must still be too small...
like looping was!!

www.myspace.com/luisangulocom