Re: OT things of sad beauty

Quoting Rick Walker <looppool@cruzio.com>:

> My apologies for the plethora of off topic posts here at L.D.lately but
> I just feel really close and safe in this
> community and wanted to share with you all.

I don't mind OT posts.  I also feel safe to post on this list.  Some
other lists are patrolled by people who seem quick to take offense
when no offense is intended.

People on LD are genuinely kind and helpful.  No one's question is
ever dismissed with a "RTFM" insult.  I appreciate everyone who
participates in the LD community.

I never met your dad however from your comments it is clear that you
and your dad shared an intense bond.  A mutual love of music
contributed to the bond.

You mentioned the "Rite of Spring".  My kids all really liked that
work and I think I wore out the record album from playing it so much.

My oldest son, Michael, has introduced his wife to classical music --
she was skeptical at first however she's starting to take a liking to
it.  His favorite "well-known" modern composer is Steve Reich.

My 11-year-old son, Eric, has travelled with me to the electro-music
festivals and likes all kinds of music.

Another of my sons, David, can be very difficult at times -- he likes
heavy-metal (his favorite band is "Tool") and I think our mutual
interest in music has kept us communicating at times when things were
really strained.

I can only hope that my kids and I will have rich and close
relationships as did Rick with his dad.

-- Kevin