Re: iTunes now "All DRM Free"

From: "Per Boysen" <perboysen@gmail.com>
> On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 12:59 PM, SP Goodman <spgoodman@earthlight.net>
> wrote:
>> I had a former editor stay with us earlier this year, and he had
>> iPod/iTunes
>> with him and on his maclaptop.  When he downloaded a number of tracks
>> my
>> media server (PC,XP SP3, the lot) they were all off-balanced to the
>right
>> bit.  It drove me nuts until I faulted the files themselves.  Do iPod
>> users
>> get this a lot?  It would seem like the kind of 'copy protection' they'd
>> build into the system.
>

> I use an iPod every day and I have never seen that bug. Could be a bug
> in the speakers, headphones or whatever amplification playback
> solution used.

It wasn't a playback problem, but a translation problem from the macbook
the
itunes files were on.  When I opened any of the mp3's in question the left
channel was a good 3db lower.  Mind you this wasn't a 'here, mate,
download
em' situation.  My friend and I were just trying to play the files across
my
lan, which we'd already connected to.  After I found out what'd happened I
just went out and bought a new (ie not in storage in LA) CD of Talking
Heads' "Remain in Light", which comes with an audio DVD and a surround mix
on another disc, for not much more cash.