Re: OT Tremelos, Choppers and Panners

Per wrote:
"A fav of mine a well. The first one I use was the pickup toggle switch
on my Gibson Les Paul guitar."

I LOVE that effect, Per.    I have a little miniature Taiwanese copy of
a Les Paul
with two tiny , fully functional humbuckers in it.   On the head stock,
which looks
totally accurate (they did a great job copying a famous guitar, visually
speaking)
it has a decal that says  "Tender"  in the identical scipt of the Fender
Stratocaster....go figure.

Anyway,   I've gotten quite good at using my fingers to toggle between the
pickups as you say and then use both feet as a kind of syncopated double
bass drum
dealy where I'm turning octivers, octave fuzzes and fuzzed boxes on and
off.

along with octave manipulation of the Line 6  half speed/regular
speed/double speed petal,
I can get some really intersesting and unusual rhythms that are all
manually controlled.

********

Five years ago when I was touring my Translucent Dayglo Lime Green
Plastic show,
I found a translucent acrilyc dayglo bright green (glow under
blacklight) version of some heavy metal
guitar that was heavier than hell and had a very, very pronounced square
wave tremelo when you
manipulated the pickups.

At the time,  they were blowing it out at $300 and I balked and it sold.

I regret that mistake to this day.      You hardly ever see them
anymore...........if you do , they are hideously
expensive and/or hideously expensive AND beat to hell (Acrilyc
instruments are not forgiving).

I'd give my first born (not to bad a bet as I'm not going to have
children)  to find a Daylgo Translucent Orange Acrylic
Guitar.

I"m in the process of huniting up a Dayglo ORange (not translucent but
UV active)  16"  shell and 12" or 10"  shell
so that I can make myself a miniature looping drum set that will nest
inside of each other for transport.

For a while,  an English company was carrying both a Les Paul style
knockoff and a Fender 5 String bass knockoff
in Translucent UV Active Purple Acrylic but the shipping from England
was just exhorbitant (thank god, only for us,
sorry Andy, Steve, Os, Theo, Gareth, et. al. the pound has really
dropped against the pound recently.

We've been unable to buy things from the UK for five straight years now
because the dollar has been so week.

Okay, that was tangent, but a delicious one.    I want to get that 5
string purple bass,  rip the frets off of the fretboarrd and
then add one of these Blue LED fretboard lighters (because you CANNOT
see a fretless instrument when you are
only illuminated by UV light)........................roll most of the
bass off of that puppy and play dubstyley at the next
Loopfestival......................

A pipe dream , but who knows.

so, yeah,     pickup switches that act as manual TREMELOS