Re: OT While my guitar gently weeps / Wonderwall

On Jan 7, 2009, at 12:07 PM, samba - wrote:

     I thought Clapton played lead on While My Guitar Gently Weeps,but in Concert for Bangaladesh ,he and George both play,and its clear they both played those parts on the recording. That film opes with a great performance by Ali Akbar Khan Ravi Shankar and Allah Rakka  ( Yakir Hussein's father in case anyone who doesn't know)what a name for a drummer. He's the only player I've ever seen make his instrument ,Tabla seem to be bubbling over with joyfull laughter.
  Anyone see Concert for George?

Check out Harrison's 1968 sndtrk "Wonderwall Music" for the Apple film "Wonderwall". (reissued 1992 CD, on Apple)
One the most beautiful, and  amazing, and trippy, etc things you'll ever hear! (IMO).
And, on at least one of the tunes, there is obviously some serious loopage happening as well. Very experimental stuff.

Clapton also made a brief appearance on that sndtrk, but had to do so "covertly", likely due to him being under a different contract elsewhere.
One of my all time *fave* albums!   Highly REVcommended!

All the best,