Re: Beer Budget CD Release Strategy as an Alternative to The Way It's Normally Done

Hey Kevin i am all for that dont get me wrong, but it has to sound better
than the old stuff Playing some of the CDs i have sometimes give me
headaches and i feel saturated by them after a while, and thats not
because ive gotten old,some of that stuff is just way compressed loud and
cold sounding to my ears,i am even starting to get tired of that on your
face voice,i kind of like that 60´s voice behind a dark reverb again,
while all the instruments are up front and dry and you can hear that
plunky bass...in fact i am recording a remake of dazed and confused,the
original Jake Holmes but with a brazilian groove,and i am trying to nail
that sound just for the fun of it which it aint easy(if anybody is
interested in listening to it i can put it up)
then on the MP3 side some of it sounds a bit muddy,i dont own a record
player anymore i have all the hype, u know the ipods etc. but when i go to
a friends house who has a record player and who has an amazing collection
of very well kept records we turn it up loud and i can listen comfortably
to the music for hours, and his stereo system is similar to mine!
But maybe it is the romantic elegant spinning black plate with its cool
covers which you can look at and read while the music is playing...
or maybe the beer;-)
Luis