Re: OT: an unpleasant buzz

Zoe,
don't know if you tried that, but if you are using your sound card
connected to a laptop, it could easily be its ground not properly
"grounded".

I found that most of the laptops ( at least ALL the ones I've had) need
to run on batteries to avoid that 60 Hz hum.
The solution I took is the second one: to disconnect earth pin on the
power plug.
It may be risky sometimes but it's the only way if you need to keep it
on for a long time.

I am sorry if I have been going out of the path or giving an already
given reply.

best luck,
luca