Re: OT: an unpleasant buzz

I had a former neighbor that used an arc-welder in his garage in the
evening - all of the lights in our house would flicker while he was
working.  I don't know if I would call that normal - sure was glad
when he moved though!  I contacted PG&E about the quality of our
service - they said they would put up some monitoring
equipment.  Never heard back; luckily for us, he moved soon after.