Cool iPhone/iTouch gadget alert

Jeff wrote:
/"My wife gave me spiffy new iTouch for Christmas this year, so I've
been surfing the App Store for music applications. One that may be of
interest to some of you is called TouchOSC.
It is basically a small graphical control surface, sort of like a
miniature JazzMutant Lemur."

/Yeah, Jeff,  I saw a really cool computer percussion presentation at
the recent
PASIC festival in Austin Texas where they were using four iPhones
instead of an expensive
multi-controller interface.

I talked to the guy afterwards and they said that they had the budget to
by a Lemur
but that they figured that four iPhones was cheaper and four people
could control
things simultaneously.

The interesting thing about controller devices is that you can only use
two hands and two feet at any given instance and that become radically
reduces to one hand (or no hands) if you are playing an instrument in
real time.

Consequently,  it's more efficacious to use a small control that has the
flexibility
to change scenes rapidly than a really expensive one.

Or at least, that's what I surmise.

Cool wife you have there, buddy!   That's a great Christmas gift.