Re: OT Re: Beer Budget CD Release ...headache from cds

I'd heard that the "loudness wars" weren't a result of trying to provide compressed mixes for radio, but rather when 5CD changers came on the market, record executives would get pissed when one of their releases came up on shuffle and was notably quieter than what had preceded it.  "Mine must always be LOUDEST!!!", etc.

TH