Re: OT: StringPort for polyphonic guitars

yeah, except that, according to Keith, piezos have more cross-talk than magnetic hex pickups. and, it seems to me, the real game here is a beyond-midi kind of tight coupling between your playing and whatever synth/electronic sounds you're controlling. for your absolute best "guitar tone", you're probably going to continue to plug in a regular guitar cord to your instrument like always, so you can use your regular humbucker or single-coil pickup sounds, so getting optimum tone out of the hex pickups isn't necessarily the goal for every setup.

i'm very excited about this product (even tho my 2 main midi guitars are both godins with piezos!). and the synful orchestra SE that comes bundled looks quite interesting as well.