Re: OT Re: Duduk

RP Collier schrieb:
> Speaking of the duduk, does anyone know where to find an SFZ sample?
> I notice I do not have the duduk in any of my synth or sampler libraries.

Just forget it, its as impossible to sample, as with a shakuhachi. A
sample will kill it, like the famous Peter Gabriel sample of a
shakuhachi killed it. You think you heard a new instrument and know its
sound, but as soon as you listen to a real performance, you realize that
it doesn't come even close...
Better get a real one and learn it to play, even as a beginner it would
open a new world compared to any sample...

I just recently heard a turkish musician play it, it was the first time
I heard it live. He was playing all kinds of instruments most of them
mediocre. But as soon he touched the duduk, a complete new world opened,
amazing, it made me immediately wish to learn it...

Stefan

--
Les Ondes Mémorielles---------x--