Re: can you use mic cable to wire midi cable?

J Johans schrieb:
> so then could you use a mic cable to make a midi cable?
>
> its multipin time......woot

I do it all the time to create extensions which can run through a
multicore. Just cut a normal Midi cable into half, and connect the pins
2 and 4 of the Midicable to 2 and 3 of the XLR, shield goes to shield
and XLR pin 1. One half connect to a male XLR, the other to a female.
Ready is your endless extensible Midi cable. (In theory Midi cables are
good for only 15 meters, in my experience you can easily run it through
50 meters multicore without problems...)

Stefan

--
Les Ondes Mémorielles---------x--