Re: guitar gently weeps

Per Boysen wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 11:40 PM, samba - <sambacomet@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Like I say ,check out the live version on Bangaladesh,where they both
>play
>> ,and it becomes  clear who played what.
>>
> Are you sure they play the same parts they did on the record? Every
> time I've been on tour, with composed music, we've started swapping
> parts between us in the band after a while to make playing more fun
> ;-))
> per

The Lewisohn book says that Eric overdubbed the solo on Friday,
September 6, 1968.  No mention is made of how much of the solo he
played.  Take 25 (of 40!) was the basis for the version that appeared on
The Beatles and had drums (Ringo), acoustic guitar and guide vocal
(George), lead guitar (John), and alternately, piano or organ (Paul).
There were many overdubs made to this basic track.

George spent many hours one evening tring to overdub a backwards guitar
solo but that was ultimately abandoned.  This was prior to take 17 which
was the first take (George announced take one to indicate this) of a new
arrangement, the one we hear on take 25.

Cheers,

Bill