Re: OT: Mix comments wanted - vocal jazz duo

Warren Sirota schrieb:
> Anyway, it seemed like a tricky mix to me, because everything is so
> naked. And that includes my playing - at this point, I hear every
> hesitation, every squeak, every imperfection.

But that is what's making live recordings so much more interesting than
a studio recording...
A studio recording is only interesting if its simply impossible to do
the same live...

> So I'd like the opinion of some of the many fine ears on this list of
>  both mix and (this feels so weird to say) whether the overall
> product is "good enough" to put out on the web. It will be sold as a
> "live" CD, so I think it doesn't have to be as perfect as a studio
> recording of this kind of thing.

It definitely is, and please do not consider making a studio recording
of this kind of music...
Live has more life (and the nice side effect, that you have much less
work with it...)

Just think about who would buy it for which occasion. I'd imagine
someone creating a fine dinner for her beloved, setting up that music to
create an atmosphere as if they sit in a fine restaurant with live
music. If it wouldn't be live it wouldn't work...

Stefan

--
Les Ondes Mémorielles---------x--