Re: OT DID YOU KNOW? A fascinating and eye opening video about changes in the digital media age

Interesting morning! I woke up and noticed that it was dark. I mean no
light. I rolled over and there was no digital clock glowing at me. Then I
noticed no leds from various devices around the room. funny how since leds
came in everything has a light for on and a light for off. I thought "no
power!" I got up and sure enough it was quiet and dark. I found my
flashlight and made my way to the fridge to get a bottle of water. Grabbed
my watch: 6:45 AM. I opened the door and walked to the street, no lights
and
quiet everywhere..A neighbor stuck her head out and said it had been out
for
4 hours. I reasoned that everyone else had already called the power co. so
got out my acoustic and ebow to play for awhile on the porch. I reflected
on
just how tenuous our hold on civilization could be. How long with out
power
before it got serious. No technology except batteries while they lasted.
After 30 min. I heard sounds. I heard my fridge compressor. Some happy
exclamations from the neighbors.
I went in and cranked up the computer. Checked my email and read Ricks
posting. Talk about paradigm shifts! I have decided to brush up on some
basics like how to light a fire by rubbing two sticks together. You never
know!

peace, Jeff