Re: communication

> Light message is faster because the fire can be seen at greater
> distance...

Damn we have a burn ban on...
Remember the great wood fires that were lit to call for help in the Lord
of
the Rings?

> Here in Scandinavia we have an old vocalist tradition that developed
> - jeezz... must be more than thousand years ago

Interesting, I used to call the cattle in when I worked on ranches in
Texas
many years ago. The nearest would hear you and seemed to call for the
others. The sound would travel a long ways.

Geetings from Florida