Re: MySpace headaches... - experience?

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 2:24 PM, Jeff Duke <jeff_d@embarqmail.com> wrote:
>> Well, I would be glad if I could only change some stylesheets in
>> MySpace...
>> I have looked everywhere and it's strange. I get the same settings both
>in
>> Customize/Edit Profile (Band Info..). I once had "Page Templates" but
>was
>> never able to get back there.
>>
>> So _where_ on earth can I really customize my MySpace page?? I'm well
>> familiar with HTML coding - I just don't see an entry point??

When I tweaked http://www.myspace.com/perboysen I started by going to
some of the tweak-your-myspce-page sites. I think it wash Thomas
MySpace Editor, but don't take that for granted. Anyway, at
MySpace-Editor page you typically type into boxes what you want
regarding background color, style sheet stuff and transparency. Then I
pasted the generated code into a text editor and compared it to normal
html. There are some differences, for example where the normal html
probably a lot more. So I simply changed the code I got at the editro
to suite the design I was after. It's as easy as this:

1. Save a backup.
2. Paste the generated code into MySpace.
3. Save.
4. Check out what it did to your MySpace page.

Not something you wrap up during a coffee break, but you just have to
do it once.

In the past I have been constructing dynamic web sites with admin
interfaces for companies, using PHP, and I just found out that today's
WordPress templates are completely free and basically the same stuff
that I was paid pretty well to set up a couple of years ago. That's
wonderful to see, both for the sake of democracy but also for setting
a good D-I-Y headroom for upcoming artists so they can sidestep the
establishment and keep amazing us all! Yay - lovely isn't it :-))

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com