OT LO FI,TOY DIGITAL , ABSTRACT VIDEO

RAINER wrote:
"I think this group may be ever increasing, simply because even cheap
cell phones have reached a level where they already take acceptable
videos, so:     Any recommendations for software solutions (plugins...)
which
completely whack up your hi-quality videos so they might be used with
Rick's project?"*

*

Actually,  Rainer,
I'm specifically NOT interested in software that distresses
higher quality video to make it look like lower quality video
and would request that, in the spirit of this project that people
not try to send them in.

I really want this oriented towards the first generation of
video cameras, webams,  cell phones with low fidelity
video capacity.   Low fi and crappy is the name of the game.

The purpose of this is that the lower fidelity creates
all kinds of choices which I find aesthetically interesting.

The specific limitations will inform the results I believe.

That Aiptek camera that they are clearing out is perfect for this.
I'm sure there must also be a plethora of really cheap older
cell phones for sale on E-bay as well, though I haven't looked.

yours, respectfully,   Rick