Re: loopers hard talk questions and answers

1. Why loop when you can have a duo a trio or a band?is it due to economics?

Why have a duo or a trio when you can loop by yourself?

2.do you really need all that equipment to play solo?ive seen solo players who can entertain us without all of that

Why limit yourself to one insturment?

Hey you, pianists: you really need 88 keys to do a solo show?  I've seen guitar players who can entertain me with six strings!

3.nice but to my ears it sounds lifeless and monotonus

That's why I don't listen to commercial radio

4.why would i pay to see somebody just making noise? my kid could do that

Why should I answer impestuous questions?  My kid can ask those.

5.looping seems to me made for self indulged people that arent able to deal with other humans and are incompetent to play the instrument properly without all that equipment

Bands are made for people who can't be confortable with themselves for longer than 5 minutes and are to imcompetent to do a solo show.

6. nice but dont you think a Band is still better?

 At being a band.

7.so whats the difference between sampling and looping and sequencing?

for me: Sampling is selecting a peice of recorded audio.
 Looping is playing recorded audio over and over again with or without further manipulation.
Sequencing is using gear to stitch recorded audio together with the benefits of editorial restraint.

8.what so special about recording different instruments in front of us?

What's so special about just playing an instrument?  That's so cliche.

a band is better because it has more energy and you can speed up ,slow down and bring dynamics together

Some bands have dynamics and phrasing; some loopers have dynamics and phrasing.
Playing solo is better becuase you speed up and slow down and keep the time where you want it.

9.nice but it sounds too perfect

You haven't heard me yet.

10.why do most loopers play alone?

Hopefully, becuase they want to.

These questions seem like they come from a fear of something new.  If we use tools well, other people will want to use them. That's how I got into it.  Looping seemed silly to me when I first heard about it, but after Rick Walker showed me some of the possibilites and got me to attend Y2K7, my life changed. (Actually after Rick shows me just about anything, my life changes).  I saw cool stuff done with looping, so now listen to and make music with looping.  It's the same reason I started playing bass.  I heard cool bass playing.

I'd like to reitereate Per:  Instead of answering that kind of questions you should simply go ahead and play the music that would turn you on if you heard someone else
play it.

Jack