RE: choosing a laptop

> anybody tried lenovo ideapad S10?
> very small - expresscard slot - 160 GB harddisk - atom processor 1.6 GB.
>
> tilmann

i called lenovo the other day and they said they no longer use TI chipset-
so i dont know what to think anymore-

gateway/DELL/HP/ - i wasted 2 hours on the phone and could not get a definate answer from anyone-

and FYI using an express card FW interface typically does not solve the problem

all in all, its a crap shoot-

its just funny that my 6 year old P4 2.1 tower runs head to head with a core 2 duo 2.0ghz w/ 3GB ram simply because the tower has a TI chipset firewire and the laptop does not

i use mobius w/fire face 800-
typically 8 stereo tracks........

gonna try bootcamp on my MPB and ill post results next week

> [...]
> >> im hoping to find out what you guys use - ild like to stay PC and XP pro
> >> all 3 computers i tried were dell....and all turned out to not have the TI
> >> chipset..but ive gotten suggestions to try for Acer and Toshiba (which are
> >> both new to me)
> >> if anyone can give me a specific make/model of a PC laptop that works well
> >> for them via firewire, it would be greatly appreciated
> >> ty
> >> fro
> >>
> >> ________________________________
> >> From: parispro00@hotmail.com
> >> To: loopers-delight@loopers-delight.com
> >> Subject: RE: nerds with toys
> >> Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 14:51:19 -0600

> >> ...luckily i was still wearing diapers in the 80's.....everyone ive ever met
> >> who was a teenager during those years has serious problems...especially when
> >> it comes to haircuts - but atleast they know how to party =D
> >> long live the mullet~!
> >> fro
> >>
> >> ________________________________
> >> Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 14:12:10 +0100
> >> Subject: Re: nerds with toys
> >> From: mark@markfrancombe.com
> >> To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
> >>
> >> sorry.. but i think keytar players look a bit silly...
> >>
> >> ...they were cool in the 80´s, then in the 90´s we realized they were naff,
> >> now Im supposed to think that they are cool again, in some, "I know they are
> >> naff, but Im being ironic"... kind of a way...
> >>
> >> However I will say that I always thought that Hazel O Connor in Breaking
> >> Glass, looked dead hot with that mini synth dangling around her neck... IF
> >> only it was a real synth, and not a made up prop for the film. I also put a
> >> strap on a Gnat Synth (the baby brother of the touch sensitive Wasp), and
> >> leapt about a bit... but that was in th 80´s so I think I was still cool...
> >>
> >> ;-)
> >>
> >> Mark
> >>

> >> On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 1:38 PM, Buzap Buzap <buzap@gmx.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> Concerning interaction with audience/stage presence, I was very much
> >> impressed with Vocal Looper Martin O.
> >> I will write more about him & his approach in detail some time.
> >>
> >> Yeah, Keytar... I'd like to get one if I find one cheap anywhere.
> >>
> >> best regards
> >> Buzap
> >> --
> >> Jetzt 1 Monat kostenlos! GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
> >> für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a
> >>

> >> --
> >> www.markfrancombe.com
> >> http://vimeo.com/user825094
> >> http://uk.youtube.com/user/markfrancombe
> >> http://www.myspace.com/markfrancombe
> >> www.looop.no

> >> Windows Live™ Hotmail(R):…more than just e-mail. Check it out.
> >> Hotmail(R) goes where you go. On a PC, on the Web, on your phone. See how.

> >> Windows Live™: E-mail. Chat. Share. Get more ways to connect. Check it out.

Windows Live™: E-mail. Chat. Share. Get more ways to connect. See how it works.