FS: Presonus Firebox

Bob said:
> This is really a great audio interface.

I can second that wholeheartedly. While I wouldn't recommend it for
Bob's application (transferring stuff to the computer - it has a
problem with jittery clocks on S/PDIF signals), it's in my opinion the
interface for live applications with the best price/performance ratio
on the market. Some of its great features were only appreciated by me
after I had a look at a lot of other interfaces (some of them three
times its price).

You get two micpres of acceptable quality, a total of six analogue and
two digital (S/PDIF pair) outs, which should be enough for any
situation (including 5.1). You get an analogue attenuation knob for
your 1/2 outputs, and the ability to assign your headphones to monitor
any of the output pairs (or the internal mixer). You also get a MIDI
I/O - all in all, if you don't need any of the fancy stuff (like ADAT
connectivity), can live with the limitation to two mic ins, don't
require built-in effects or need another connection altogether (e.g.
USB), this is the interface to get.

Unfortunately, I fried this interface's 1/2 output pair last year in
Finnland, so mine is only at "half speed" right now (anyone really
fond of repairing things here? ;). But then again, it only took me a
few seconds to reconfigure it to use another output pair instead.

Highly recommended.