Re: OT: Frequency of SPAM

Yep, the spam filter is awesome.  Once you label anything you don't want in your inbox as "Spam" you don't see email from that source anymore.

The Gmail labels and filters are just a metaphor for the folders and rules in Outlook. I'm soooo happy to not have a local "manager" of email traffic because it circumvents viruses running scripts on your computer and local drives.

I like the lightbulb comment Mark F. made.  I wasn't so sure for a few weeks, but as soon as I began to explore the labels and filters more carefully, I was able to route emails to their proper locations (groups / folders / whatever) and my emails are super organized. More so than they are at work where I'm forced to use Outlook.  Waaaaaaayyyyyyy better.