Re: basic Bidule question

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 6:04 PM, Michael Peters <mp@mpeters.de> wrote:
> I currently use Plogue Bidule on a Vista notebook with an Edirol UA-1EX
> interface.
>
> Here's the basic question (sorry if this is stupid): when I plug my
>guitar
> into the interface, it can be heard even without any application running
>-
> it goes directly through.

One important part of information is missing here: "directly through"
WHAT? Most probable is that the signal goes directly through the
Edirol box.

> Now when I use Bidule, of course I want the sound
> to be silent when I pull down all faders, but no matter what I do, the
> original thru audio signal can always be heard. What can I do?

You need to find the driver routine software for the Edirol that lets
you turn down its level of "ASIO direct monitoring" or "Direct
Minitoring" or whatever it's called in that software. When this is
done only your virtual cable routing inside Bidule will handle the
signal stream.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se