Re: RECOMMENDATIONS for EFFECTS PROCESSING on upcoming tour

Rick Walker wrote:
> Hey Per,  and everyone else on this list,
>
> I need to seriously cut down on my travelling weight for my upcoming
> tours in Europe this coming summer.

> 1) the simplest set up
> 2) the easiest learning curve

Bidule is pretty easy in that it's like a virtual pedal board.
Plugging together an effect chain is (at least to start with) just
like hooking up hardware.

> 3)  the ability to use VST plugins in any chain I'd like to
>    a)  be in front of my LP-1 and
>    b)  be after my LP-1

that's a latency nightmare.
In Bidule, no problem to route signal out to LP1 on another.
But as Per points out, that's an extra trip out of the pc and back again,
so that's double latency.

Looks like the Onyx only has 2 input channels, so I guess you'll
be running in mono as usual. (or could do post process in stereo
if using the Onyx docking station)

Would be much more efficient to replace the LP-1 with looping software
(Mobius).

> 4)  the least amount of price for the software as well (money is a
>factor)

Bidule's not expensive.

If you need to replace your analog distortion and whammy ped
that might cost, but I guess you have that part sussed ;-)

Oh...and don't forget to use Chopitch pre-loop for
a 6ft frame drum sound :-)