RE: Tuning guitar in fifths for wider orchestration options

I think for one thing tuning a guitar in 5ths can pose some real hand
stretch issues, and requiring more scale fingerings that required position
shifting or tortuous 4 note per string sacle fingerings, and some serious
chord restructuring, but it would be interesting to try. I've been
borrowing
an Octave mandolin which is more bouzouki or cello-like in scale length and
harder to finger scales than a mandolin is for me. I'd try it on a
telecaster or non trem guitar, maybe one of those weird Zack Wylde string
sets that go from 10 to 60. I recently put a baritone conversion neck on a
Franken strat I've had for years. I recently got an Allparts neck which is
27.78, I can use a fairly normal set electric medium 13-56 and its usually
tuned starting on B, thought I do lower it for A based alternate tunings.
It
sounds killer fat for slide guitar and great for big fat open chords. I
have
a thing called a tremel-no in place of one of my trem springs that allows
me
to fix the bridge, very handy when moving to alternated tunings and not
wanting to spend hours retuning because of the floating bridge. I had a
warmouth bari neck on this guitar before hand but it was an even longer
scale length and required a more specialized string gauge. This All parts
neck is easier to play.
Bill