Re: rackmount midi sequencer

Well, Im afraid that all sounds far too complicated to me... Ive never done anything with SysEx, and im not sure i want to... Claude sounds far too clever for his own good to me... Ive always read his posts I thought... you should know all this Francombe... how old are you, how long have you been doing midi stuff=? well pull yer socks up.. But.. I dont... I rememebr Claude nearly had me buying a Nord Modular on the basis of one of his tracks...

Anyway.. Im surprised that there arnt many more contenders for the hardware seq (surely there must be 1000's on Ebay?.. Ill check)

Per said
Wasn't the name of that box something
self describing as "MIDI File Player"?

you might be right actually.. was it Alesis?

And Andy... thanks for the real good info on that technique, I foresaw all the problems you mentioned... BAR ONE.. and a pretty importent one, thats the LONG PRESS stuff... of course.. that does make it a bit clunky and slow, I was only really interested if you couls send a stream of stuff so fast that it would all be over in a 32nd.

..but Ill look into that Gordius thing... looked before, but maybe i need to downzone the manual?

... and Per... you always have me nearly going lappy... I really AM interested in the Live solution... Hmmm but I really feel that then I have to go all out.... and I love my hardware... but maybe... Live midi out TO harware loopers, and then audio FROM loopers into Live for mangling.... now that could be... what is it the Americans like to say??? AWESOME!!!