OT:tremolo-no no no (pu's ,trems, etc)

i sort of debate the "try to get as many sounds as possible" from pu's. a couple of weeks ago i was watching some youtube vids of brian may demo his red special and the sounds he could get (they seemed like old vhs instructional tapes for japanese market?)-anyway, i love his guitar, and was just amazed at the amt of sounds he can get w/ his individual phase switches on his guitar.
but for me i've never been a huge fan of the in/out of phase options, but on my main guitar i do like to have the on/off switches (instead of pu selector)-it's my way of getting on/off sounds that tom morello/buckethead can get, and i like having my microphone mounted for feedback and the switch to kill the ground (more noise) (when i saw henry kaiser's dvd of him playing his teuffel tesla-just loved that guitar!!!!)

as-for the trem issue-i appreciate the great things evh/vai/satch/dime could do w/ a floyd rose. but to me THAT THING IS A COMPLICATED MESS-i could never get my old kramer pacer to stay in tune (EVER!), and then when i built my last gtr-i started to put a floyd on (to try it)-that thing was a disaster, so i ended up getting a standard strat trem-used just 2 outside screws to create the pivot pts (but the guitar is routed for a floyd, sort of funny), & use locking tuners (planet waves). and that thing won't go out of tune for the most part. never understood the floyd, maybe you need to have a guitar tech to keep it working.....i guess in the end, i do like a guitar w/ options-i favor guitars w/ trems for bending options, and flexable electronics. but then again, i'm also not interested in cover tunes, so i could understand having simpler guitar b/c it has to cover certain specific ground....
great debate luis & william-thanks for your input....in the end i'm sure it's all down to preference
s----
www.myspace.com/scotthansen
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5791548553161416906&hl=en