Re: Rick Walker looping videos up at youtube

Rick said:
"In fact, I'm doing an entire NOISE and RHYTHM show under a new
moniker,  Aether Engine at the Blue Lagoon in Santa Cruz this coming
Monday night that will be completely different and I'll be heavily
using the LP-1  (especially all of it's different replace and random
slice modes, along with the BOSS slicer, the Gig FX Pro Chopper and an
Alesis Ampliton for rhythmic manipulation of slabs of distortion, fuzz
and feedback."

...and I hope you're going to record that show?

I think I said it before, but I'll say it again: you really should
check out the discontinued Nord MicroModular - which, although
designed as a virtual-modular synthesizer, may be the most flexible
effects processor under €2k5 or so.
Actually, when all this discussion about the Boss Slicer (including
critizism that you can't record your own patterns) started here, I
quickly created a Slicer emulation including the option to record your
own patterns...
I did the same some time ago to create an advanced ZVex OohWah,
combined with an AntiWah and pattern-sequencable distortion.

Claude Voit used the successor, the Modular G2, to control his EDP,
making it some kind of hardware-based generic script engine.

You may want to pair it with a MIDI fader box though, because the
three knobs and one button are never enough.

         Rainer