wanted: suggestion for loop post processor

wanted: suggestion for loop post processor

Currently I'm looking at the Lexicon MPX1 for the following reasons.

1) While it's a stereo device, it can be used to pan both inputs
seperately, and to apply
  stereo fx   to either (or both)
2) It has filters and tremolo and stuff which are midi-syncable
3) Maybe it's time to start using reverb.
4) Rack mount, 1U
5) Can hard pan delays L<>R
6) Can just about make a 4s loop of some sort with delays.
7) XLR Outs
8) Weight not *too* bad at 3Kg
9) Tweakable in most directions (LFO's, Envelopes, etc)
10) Lexicon

Always previously I used 2 edps as a stereo pair (or left them hard
panned if I de-synced them).
Now , as I think I can use the Gordius LG footcontroller to command
either both, or just
one edp I'm looking into some way of center panning an re-stereoing them.

Well, any suggestions as to alternative to MPX-1, however bizarre and
unsuitable greatfully accepted.

Any comments pr/com MPX1 would also help.
Particularly "what happens when you change patch", is there a big gap?

Or general rambling about post fx for loops if that's more fun.

andy butler