Re: GAIN STRUCTURE

...and Mark has his Vortex set up just right :-)

Wow.. I do? It sure doesnt sound as good as your on you Vortex site Andy!!!

Mark, when you say one edp is noisy, do you mean the edp itself,
or the whole signal chain with that edp in it?

Yeah, just one is noisy, but Im almost certain its the effect its going thru... as I have kids, I havent had time since posting to try out obvious things like.. trying the edp on its own ha ha!!! I just got my second EDP, and HAD to plug it in and loop... and despite the hiss and the distortion... I had alot of fun...

What I DID notice, that I cant blame the effect on, is that this edp seemed dull. Definately some top being cut somewhere.
I never noticed before cos my old mixer had EQ. and posibly I was EQ-ing the shit out of everything to A) reduce hiss, and B) match the loop eq with the instument...

Im so glad this thread has been of interest, I was not embarrassed to post, quite the contrary... I KNOW I will get good answers and help here. I have NOT devoted my life to making pristine and sparkling music, quite the contrary, and frankly production (ok OVER production) bores me... no.. still wrong... THE SOUND of production bores me. Gimme Pussy Galore over Pink Floyd ANY DAY...  but... there are limits... and I really want to have a nice clean sanitary slate on which to scrape my filthy layers of dirty infected pus ridden noise that I call music... ha ha!!

andy butler

--
www.markfrancombe.com
http://vimeo.com/user825094