Re: Nuggets of Wisdom for Loop Touring

Wow, lots of great advices from Rick, Daryl and Andreas. Thank you for
posting!

One thing I do is to wear trousers with huge pockets on the legs. My
rather heavy soundcard fits well into one such pocket. All things you
pack into your pockets will not tax your weight in luggage and by
picking the heaviest stuff for pockets you save loads of money from
over weight fees. I've even been flying with lots of midi and audio
cabled used as "belt" for my trousers, another way to save money.

The cabin baggage is usually allowed at maximum eight or ten kilo
weight. But since you are obliged to take out the laptop anyway at the
check-in it won't be on the scales with the rest of the stuff - so you
may safely plan your exact cabin bag weight MINUS laptop weight.
I use few clothes but bring detergent - packed into the check-in bag
so it won't be mistaken for drugs, as if taken in the cabin bag.

Look tidy, behave nicely and make sure your bags do not look different
in any way. When I was young and innocent (y2k6 loopest) I brought my
tenor sax from 1929 in a hardcase that had air brushed with golden
paint. Not good. It never showed up at the luggage trial when checking
out at San Fran AP. Totally gone. A rep helped me call the office and
found out it had been "tagged as suspicious luggage and transported to
a sealed off area to be terminated if not claimed withing thirty
minutes". I found my instrument and claimed five minutes pre
termination - phiew... life on the road....

If traveling with Ryanair, save money by bringing a pee bottle:
http://www.aeromedix.com/aeromedix_articles/traveljohn/index.html

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se