Re: Live 8 Beta Looper and Mainstage together - first impressions

> Warren Sirota wrote:
> I've been having a lot of trouble getting either Mobius or
> SooperLooper AUs to work properly within Mainstage. Mainstage
> seems to get flummoxed easily by too many midi streams
> floating around (esp once i then open MAX).

It took me a while to figure out a stable Mainstage setup. I've tested
multiple setups using Mainstage as master, or slave, in combination with
3rd party AU plugins such as Augustus and Bidule and a LP1. For example, I
had Mainstage synced to an external clock and I had Augustus Loop running
on a Mainstage bus. Mainstage or Augustus usually crashed, and I initially
thought that it had to do with using 3rd party AU plugin's on a bus (some
Logic forums had reported similar issues). But the solution was to switch
off the "send midi clock" preference in Augustus. I have done a similar
test with my LP1:
1) create a new loop
2) LP1 starts sending midi clock
3) within a minute, Mainstage crashed as soon as it detected multiple midi
clocks (Augustus in this case)

But now I know how to fix it, Mainstage has been very stable. I like the
concept of it, and it's pretty straightforward to use. I'm currently
working on creating new sounds and the integration of Bidule and
Mainstage; I have it up and running, and I'm trying to create a kind of
semi-random Soundscape/Ambient sounds with it. I must say that it's pretty
cool to see Bidule as AU plugin on a Mainstage bus but I'm not sure if
this is the way to go. For example, I don't know if you can still control
a Bidule audio switcher using program changes. Does Mainstage forward PC's
to plugins? Any suggestions are welcome :)

---
Sjaak
http://euroloopfest.com/
http://sjaakovergaauw.com/