Re: Live 8 Beta Looper and Mainstage together - first impressions

Well, Sjaak, that's my point - i *need* those clock outs! why
Mainstage can't have a simple control panel to tell it which midi
inputs to ignore, like Live has, is just bad interface design and lazy
programming (in fact, Live has it all over Logic in terms of interface
design, but that's a whole nother story).

I'm starting to get happy with the new setup - the Live looper is
simple but effective - my biggest complaint so far: it's hard to
reset. once you've made a loop, Live will start playing. you can't
make a new, unsynced loop (to which Live should then sync) wo clicking
to stop live and then clicking to clear the loop. Of course, I intend
to program a single pedal to do both.

But there's a hidden catch - if i were, for instance, recording that
output into Live's arrangement view, well... uh-oh, end of recording.

Which means that maybe i'll end up throwing a bidule into Live's
Master track to do the recording regardless of what Live is doing.
that would probably work.

--
Warren
http://www.ubetoo.com/Artist.taf?_ArtistId=6679