DL4 in the AUX

Luis said:
"it occurs to me that not many people use the DL4 in the aux send of a
mixer,i myself tried it a long time ago and i didnt like the sound of
it"

The reason may be "gain structure": the DL4 (like most stompboxes) is
designed to work well with a signal coming directly from a (passive)
guitar - meaning low signal level and high source impedance in
comparison to what a mixer gives you. Consequently, the outputs are of
relatively low level as well. Add to that the fact that you don't have
any kind of (analogue) level control on the device, and this may be
the explanation you're looking for.

I have been using the DL4 for some time (meaning: before switching to
laptop) in an aux send configuration (into a mixer channel with gain
control) without any problems - an information which may not be that
useful to you for two reasons: a) the DL4 was not used for "clean"
delays (or loops), only for that whacked up stuff. For the clean ones,
my D2 (and Eclipse) served me well. b) I seem to remember that you
have a somewhat specific definition of the concept of signal
quality/integrity etc., and that I was once put in that "people who
don't know the difference" bin, so even if I told you the signal
sounds "clean", this would most probably not be of any use to you.

All the best,

            Rainer