Re: OT Distortion looping rig

to respond to two posts:

Rainer wrote, about the Devi Ever Eye of God
"At the risk of sounding overtly arrogant-fatherly: I just took a look

at the product site of devi ever.......Which means, this is (as you also
state), this is basically somedynamic feedback loop controller."

Yeah,   Rainer,  I was in such a hurry to get to soundcheck that I didn't
have time to
go to the website and with four unmarked input/outputs I couldn't get it
to work.

I had assumed that it was a built in analogue delay with feedback
connected to the photo
eye but it is, as you say,  even hipper than that.  You need to put
another stomp box effect into the upper 'loop' to get it to do anything.
The cool news is that a Fuzz box sounds amazing through it;  a digital
delay,  a radical modulation effect (like the Line 6 Modulation
Pedal).

I wrote to Shawn Cleary,  the really nice and generous spirited guy who
I've corresponded with at Analogue Haven (buy your pedals from this
outfit, I've been very happy with them)
and he politely sent me to the same page you went to............<blush>

I got it working now and it's really, really cool...........especially in
the manipulation
of feedback and distortion effects.

****************
Luis  wrote:

"
Hey Rick and DL4 users,
it occurs to me that not many people use the DL4 in the aux send of a
mixer,i myself tried it a long time ago and i didnt like the sound of it
but i had a cheap mixer back then and havent bother to try it again since
i use it as a delay stomp,how clean is the signal hooked up that way?"

I myself, tried using the DL4 in my Aux send and didn't like it.
Normally, I use an insert channel on my mixing board to create a loop for
my effects
but in this set up , I wanted real time control over the physical feedback
of the little
amplifiers I'm using, so I ran the whole board into a the amp and mic-d
the amp.
Then I routed the mic channels to my LP-1   (which I am just in love with,
by the way)