Least Costly Looping Solution

It's funny, but cost doesn't get mentioned much
on this list, but when I'm talking to young musicians
who are interested in getting into live looping for the first
time,  this is always the first stumbling block to their
entry into our wonderful world.

Why don't we make some really solid recommendations for
newbie and wanna be live loopers that are economy minded, primarily.

Remember,  things like all the freeware software loopers than abound
don't really count, because you have to have a decent laptop and a decent
breakout box to use them for free.
*
CHEAPEST LIVE LOOPING SOLUTIONS FOR THE BEGINNING LIVE LOOPER*

Personally,  my vote goes to the
Line 6 DL 4.     At $250, it is the 2nd cheapest live looping stomp
box pedal behind the Boss RC2 ($200) but it's ability
to play (and record loops) both forwards, backwards and at half
speed and double speed in addition to it's ability to add a decent
simple digital delay with modulation, feedback and rate control
(and controllable with an additional expression pedal-$50)
onto any discreet layered loop makes this a creativity machine
with a lot of deep potential, right out of the box.

What else is out there for the Newbie on a budget.